Thursday, November 28, 2013

I thank God

I thank God for birthdays to celebrate life.
I thank Him for a new member of the Austria family, Calix Johan. I also thank Him for giving my mom another year of life. I thank Him for loving me unconditionally for 32 years.

I thank God for family whose always there no matter what.
I thank Him for my Papa and Mama whom I appreciated more when I left the Philippines few years ago. I thank God for giving me a chance to enjoy them in the past few months. It may not be the perfect situation but memories to be treasured and remembered.

I thank God for my dear husband Victor whom I'm sharing this special thing called marriage.
I know we're a work in progress but I thank God that we both love Him. For better or for worst, till death do us part.

I thank God for friends that I could always count on. I thank Him for giving them a heart to care and help me and my family.

I thank God for our home.
I thank Him for providing our every need and allowing our home to be a blessing for people who comes and go. Especially the members of the basement band.

I thank God for church.
I thank him for letting me experience love of Jesus through their prayers and support.

I thank God for music.
I thank Him that I can sing to Him until my throat gives up. I thank Him for letting me practice for a future jamming "up" there.

I thank God for all our prayer warriors on our way home to the Philippines.
I thank him for letting me experience the power of prayer. No typhoon, no illness, no fear can stop Him from granting my mom's prayer to be home.

I thank God for a means to get connected with family and friends though we're continents apart.
I thank Him for Facebook and Skype.

I thank God that no matter how uncertain the future maybe, there's one thing I'm certain of.
Nothing can separate me from the love of God through Jesus Christ.

I thank God for the hope I have in suffering.
A hope that does not put me to shame because He poured His love in my heart.

I thank God for He is who He is.
He is good. He is just. He is in control. He is faithful. He is always there even when pain numbs me to feel it. He's my unlimited source of strength, my Jehovah-jireh, my Savior and my friend.

I know a day not even a lifetime would be enough to give him thanks for everything He has done for me but I want to thank Him for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment