One thing that really stick to me in our study of Acts is consistency. Apostle Paul knows that we must go through hardships to enter the kingdom of God as he mentioned in Acts 14:22. still he consistently preach the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ. His behavior towards sharing the gospel is not dependent if people are welcoming or not, if people receives or rejects his message, if his in prison or out of prison, if he travels near or far or his life is safe or is in danger... he continually explained and declared the kingdom of God. He's consistent with the Lord's command to bring salvations to the ends of the earth. Consistency is a little easier when everything is well but with suffering involve I think it's a whole different story but God is telling me through the life of Paul that consistency is possible.
My prayer is to be consistent in my walk of faith, like Apostle Paul. I pray that my Bible reading won't be dependent on how tired I am on certain days or my prayer life won't be dependent on the mood I have for the day or my Tuesday Meeting attendance won't be dependent on my weekly stress level or my engagement won't be dependent on how much effort I need to put in. I pray that every time suffering/hardship comes, that my first response will always be to look up to God in prayer instead of complaining. I pray to be confident of the power of the Holy Spirit to fill my inadequacy in sharing the Gospel.
Praise you Jesus for you are holy and righteous. Praise you for you're suffering to save us from our sins and thank God that you understand.
A testimony based on the book of Acts
by Abigail Austria
No comments:
Post a Comment