Sunday, September 29, 2019

Jesus the Word

John 1:1 ...In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the word was God.

The world was created by the spoken word of God. God "spoke" the world and everything in it into existence. This is what John wrote about Jesus, that through Jesus all things were made, without Jesus there's no life. Jesus the word is God's revelation of themeselves to us humans. John expressed the reality that Jesus was fully and completely one true God who made dwelling among us.

Honestly, this is one of the most confusing verse in the Bible in my limited logical mind. Jesus himself said "we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?" Jesus understands our "difficulty of acceptance". That's why he asked everyone to believe him and have understanding because he knows what he's talking about. He knows of  heavenly things because he came from heaven.

I learned what power God's word have, what reverence God's word deserves. It's embarassing to say but I don't think I see reading God's word like that, I don't think I know Jesus like that. My desire is that I may come to  know Jesus  more and more, that I may read God's word more and more. Please pray that I can faithfully read God's word everyday. Life struggles seems to threw me off track. But I know God's word, my Jesus has the power to let me overcome.

A testimony based on first six books of John
By Abigail Austria

No comments:

Post a Comment