I went shopping the other day,
It is something I like to do what can I say.
I walked the mall from store to store,
Until I finally came upon what I looking for.
When I opened the door I got this strange sensation,
You see the name of the store, my friends, was Reconciliation.
It is something I like to do what can I say.
I walked the mall from store to store,
Until I finally came upon what I looking for.
When I opened the door I got this strange sensation,
You see the name of the store, my friends, was Reconciliation.
The store was quite small,
Yet the clothes were for short and tall.
The clerk was dressed all in white,
And didn’t want to cause a fright.
Yet the clothes were for short and tall.
The clerk was dressed all in white,
And didn’t want to cause a fright.
“We are all friends here,” the clerk said.
“Thoughts of any enemies must be shed.
You were once God’s enemy,” the clerk went on.
“But God reconciled you with a bond
The bond of love through Christ alone.”
I clasped my face in my hands with a moan.
“Thoughts of any enemies must be shed.
You were once God’s enemy,” the clerk went on.
“But God reconciled you with a bond
The bond of love through Christ alone.”
I clasped my face in my hands with a moan.
I am terrible, rotten, horrible I thought.
And began to wring my hands in wrought.
The clerk gently pulled my hands apart
And said, “You maybe be foolish, but God is smart.”
And began to wring my hands in wrought.
The clerk gently pulled my hands apart
And said, “You maybe be foolish, but God is smart.”
He made the way to make you friends again
His way of living is now the trend.
So shop, shop until you drop,
For you will truly be hip hop.
His way of living is now the trend.
So shop, shop until you drop,
For you will truly be hip hop.
I looked at the clothes I was wearing that day,
Greed and impurity were the choice to my dismay.
I thought, “What is wrong with the clothes I am wearing”,
Then suddenly felt the presence of God on me bearing.
Greed and impurity were the choice to my dismay.
I thought, “What is wrong with the clothes I am wearing”,
Then suddenly felt the presence of God on me bearing.
I was raised with Christ that much is true
So I looked above and saw not just Christ but God too.
I suddenly felt ashamed with what I was wearing
God was calling me to be daring.
So I looked above and saw not just Christ but God too.
I suddenly felt ashamed with what I was wearing
God was calling me to be daring.
I grabbed a cart eager to see
What this new wardrobe my God had for me.
There were the shirts of compassion and kindness so soft
Better than anything you’d find at the Loft.
What this new wardrobe my God had for me.
There were the shirts of compassion and kindness so soft
Better than anything you’d find at the Loft.
I found a skirt of gentleness that had my name on it
I was totally amazed at the way it fit
The pants of humbleness fit just right
Making me realize that not everything is worth a fight.
The sweater of patience fit like a glove,
Man oh man what has God done.
I was totally amazed at the way it fit
The pants of humbleness fit just right
Making me realize that not everything is worth a fight.
The sweater of patience fit like a glove,
Man oh man what has God done.
I looked in the mirror to take a look
I started to cry when the clerk gave me a shook.
There is one more piece you need to wear
Then he put on the belt of love and I could only stare.
I started to cry when the clerk gave me a shook.
There is one more piece you need to wear
Then he put on the belt of love and I could only stare.
Who was this woman in the mirror staring at me?
She was different, friendly no longer God’s enemy.
I was wearing God’s clothes as His chosen child.
When the clerk said to me, “You’ve been reconciled.”
She was different, friendly no longer God’s enemy.
I was wearing God’s clothes as His chosen child.
When the clerk said to me, “You’ve been reconciled.”
Go show the world God’s wonderful grace
With God’s love, forgiveness and truth on your face.
The clothes are a telling sign of who you are
They will last forever and take you far.
For I was wearing God’s clothes as His chosen child,
Because by God’s grace I was reconciled!
With God’s love, forgiveness and truth on your face.
The clothes are a telling sign of who you are
They will last forever and take you far.
For I was wearing God’s clothes as His chosen child,
Because by God’s grace I was reconciled!
by Donna Ghilardi
A poem based on the Book of Colossians
No comments:
Post a Comment