It was 2 Christmas ago since we last met, last Christmas when we last talked, this year Christmas will be different without her.
She's the eldest among 12 siblings, a housewife of a former policeman, a mother of 3 boys, grandma of 5 (I might have lost my count) and aunt to 30+ Salavarria children. She might not been blessed with a daugther but she treats me like one. She's been a very big part of me. Me and my sister usually spend summer at their house, where she usually bring us to wet market after noon for some bargain goodies. She would sew us dresses, shorts and even swim suites. Growing up I've known her sharing what she have inspite she got no plenty. But little did I know I'm about to know her more. Few years ago when she's still working abroad, my mom received a letter from her and shared it to me. While reading her letter tears kept pouring out of my eyes. My Tita wasn't able to finish grade school and she had difficulty writing and reading. But that doesn't stopped her to share her love for my mom. From then, I admired and loved her more.
The reality I won't ever gonna see her again, but one thing's for sure she will be an inspiration to me for the rest of my life. I love you Tita Eden. Till we meet "THERE"
No comments:
Post a Comment